Sunday, July 26, 2009

Somebody call 911

Last week was a rough week for us. I was sick (still have a little bit of a cough) with brochitis. I don't know how I got sick during the summer but it was miserable all of last week. I finally went to the doctor and got meds which didn't help a heck of a lot. Then to top it off at the end of the week, on a Friday night, Zach got stung by a wasp on right by his eye. He was screaming (those wasp stings really hurt). Allen got some ice and I came upstairs to look and I screamed because he was puffing up. It continued to get progressively worse. I had my sister call her nurse and the nurse said that she had just got stung by a wasp recently and he might have had a allergic reaction and to watch it and give him ibruproven and benadryl. Saturday wasn't too bad, (he even went swimming that day) and then Sunday it was worse. His eye was swollen shut. I got on the phone with the nurse again and she said to give him an extra dose of benadryl and to watch. If not better, we would have to bring him to the emergency room. The benadryl immediately helped. So with a lot of rest, drugs, nurses calls and prayers, Zach is feeling like himself again. So glad that week is over.

This was Sunday.

3 comments:

kate said...

oh my goodness, that is so sad! i'm so sorry! his eye looks awesome!!

Alisha said...

I hate wasps! Hope Zach's eye gets better:)

Stacy said...

Think of the "war stories" he will have to share in the future. He seems to be such a resiliant boy. Lucky that it was not worse!