Sunday, January 04, 2009

Round Up of the Year



The holidays are over. It goes by so quickly. Here is a recap of the holiday fun. I did not take a lot of pictures. Where in the world was I? I did take a lot of video but did not put them on as it took me forever just to figure out the slideshow! Preston seems to be missing in alot of the photos! So hold on here we go.

*Christmas Eve was nice and quiet with just our family. I made a BBQ rib dinner with potatoes and cream beans, along with some sparkling grape juice, which we all thought was BLECH! We opened our Christmas Eve jammies and Grandma and Grandpa Bergquist presents. We then called Grandma and Grandpa B. to thank them and wish them a Merry Christmas.

*Christmas Day was full of surprises. This year was definitely less is best. We were all surpised when Santa brought Zach- Thomas the train Action Canyon. He was thrilled. Preston was estatic when he saw the new puppy in the box by his stocking. He named her Eevee and she is a border collie. We opened the rest of the presents from each other and played for a while before heading to Grandma and Grandpa Madsen. We exchanged gifts and enjoyed a yummy late lunch. We enjoyed visting and playing games with the family. We missed my brother, Derek and his family and my sister, Stacy and her family this year. It sure isn't the same without everyone there.

*New Year's eve, our family went to the Johnsons' house. My best friend was a wonderful hostess, as usual. We ate and played rock band. All the kids managed to stay up til midnight. Allen rang in the new year with a few fireworks he had on hand. It was a fun evening!

*New Year's Day we hung out at home for a while before heading up to my sister's cabin to go sledding, snowmobiling and four-wheeling. Zach liked the snowmobile and I think rode more then Preston did. Preston brought one of his old friends and he was out more than Preston, which is why I don't have a lot of pictures of him. It was all very fun and made for a long day.

It is now time for a new year, new goals, a new start and being a little better each day. I feel blessed to have family and friends and have had a wonderful holiday season. I hope to make 2009 a year to remember and make wonderful memories to cherish for years to come.

1 comment:

Steve S. said...

Allen does that one finger mean number 1?