Saturday, May 02, 2009

Eevee's Surgery

Forgive me for my lack of blogging lately. I think I will blog monthly-maybe that will be easier.
Anyhoo the first part of April we went camping with friends. We decided to take Eevee. Before we left, Eevee ran out in the middle of the road and got run over. She was ok just a bloody lip and paw so we headed out camping. While camping, she was playing with one of the other dogs there. She ran under the trailer in front by the hitch and rip her flesh open from the pins on the hitch. It wasn't a tiny wound and I knew I would have to take her in. After consulting with the vet, she recommened surgery costing only 285.00!!! What?!!! I asked how much more to have her fixed and the vet said about 50.00 more dollars. She got stiches to close the wound but chewed on them so we had to get staples and a drain because her wound had some infection. She also got to wear one of those cute head collars for a week and a half. So a month later, Eevee is spayed and her wound is healed. Expensive...yes but she's a keeper.

Photos below are a little graphic for those of you who faint at gross things. I had to post them though.




2 comments:

SherRon said...

Well now you won't have to worry about any unwanted puppies. She will be more mellow too. Looks like Easter was fun. When are we going to get that dp?

Danylle said...

Nice to see that you have added to your blog. Still nothing on Capital Reef though. I am so disapointed. j/k